EMF stands for electromagnetic field. Our bodies create EMF’s but are very weak compared to the man-made EMFs. Man-made EMF’s include radio waves, WiFi signals, and microwave radiation, visible lights, UV lights, and infrared radiation.
Exposure to man-made EMF’s can negatively interfere with the electromagnetic systems inside of our bodies. Children are particularly susceptible to harm from EMF radiation because they have smaller and growing bodies.
Most companies claim EMF’s are safe because they only test short-term exposure. But the main issue of EMF’s are LONG-TERM 24/7 exposure that most of are experiencing because of the nature of our society now. Symptoms from EMF exposure aren’t noticeable at first, but over time can cause major health issues.
Chronic high levels of low frequency EMF exposure can result in:
- Brain fog
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Frequent illnesses
- Adrenal fatigue
- Hormone imbalances
- Cancer or increased risk of cancer
I remember first learning about this and being so confused. What do you mean my phone and wifi is bad for me? I was on a Facebook mom’s group reading about moms talking about protecting themselves from their wifi and honestly thinking it was a weird, crunchy-hippie mom thing. But once I learned more about this topic, I realized really how important this is to our health.
People don’t think something so common and necessary in our society can be bad for you. When I first told my husband about it he got defensive. He is a techy guy attached to his technology. But once I told him more, he slowly came on board. He now researches it more than I do!
The electronic and telecommunication industries have strong financial interests in consumers not being aware of potential harm from using their products. It can be very expensive for them to make things safer. This industry unfortunately is not regulated well in terms of safety. Most safety studies haven’t been redone in over 20 years!!!! Think about how much our technology usage has increased since then.
EMF’s can be compared to cigarettes. We were told they were safe at first, but then realized later long term usage of smoking caused health issues and lung cancer. These technologies are so new, no one is fully aware of the long-term affects it will have on our bodies. Especially children developing and growing in an EMF filled environment.
“There is no question EMFs have a major effect on neurological functioning. They slow our brain waves and affect our long-term mental clarity. We should minimize exposures as much as possible to optimize neurotransmitter levels and prevent deterioration of health”. – Eric Braverman, MD
Recently, more and more studies and instances are popping up of negative health issues from EMF exposure. And it will only get worse. 5G is already rolling out and will be in full effect by 2020. Our current issues are about to get much, much worse. Watch the video below to learn about 5G & is also a great summary of EMF dangers.
All of this is very overwhelming when first learned about. There are simple, easy things you can do now. And other things you can do later if you’d like more protection. I have them in order from easiest to most difficult/expensive.
Sleep with phone on airplane mode
Talk on speaker as much as possible
Keep your phone away from your body as much as possible
Turn wifi off at night or buy timer
Put EMF blockers in outlets of kids rooms
Sleep away from circuit breakers or large appliances that run overnight, including if the appliance is on the other side of the wall
Check if you have smart meters and ask for them to be uninstalled or block the EMF’s (this is very important to fix!!!! EMF radiation from smart meters are extremely high)
Buy low EMF baby monitor
Filter out dirty electricity using whole house filters (also saves you money on your electric bill)
Buy EMF meter & fix things in your house with high EMF readings
Minimize use of digital devices when possible
Hard wire internet connections rather than using WiFi
Things that are MOST important to fix.
- Smart Meter – The electric companies put these on your homes without asking or you knowing. It’s so they can remotely read your electrical readings. These give off extremely high EMF radiation.
- Wifi – This is constantly emitting EMFs into your house 24/7. You can cut your exposure almost in half by turning it off at night
- Your phone – This gives off a lower radiation but is constantly close to your or on your body. The key is to have your phone far away from your body. Try to not keep it in your pocket, or turn it on airplane mode when doing so. Try to talk on speaker. (80-90% of brain cancer is by the ear on the side of your head)
It’s impossible to completely avoid EMF exposure in this day and age. Here are a few things you can do to combat dirty electricity.
- Grounding – it allows our bodies to neutralize positive ions from electronic devices and re-synchronize. Grounding includes walking barefoot outside on the earth as well as standing on aluminum foil a few minutes a day.
- Exposures to negative ions such as being near moving water, Himalayan salt lamp, or a negative ion generator can mitigate negative effects of exposure to EMF radiation.
- Eating a nutritious diet high in antioxidants can help mitigate some oxidative stress from EMF exposure
- Certain crystals are also known to reduce EMF effects: shungite, tourmaline, hematite, and more
A good place to start is to lower the EMF exposure in the bedrooms since you spend 8-10 hours there. When your body is sleeping, it is more susceptible to damage from EMF’s.
“A study of real-world exposure to non-ionizing radiation from magnetic fields in pregnant women found a significantly higher rate of miscarriage, providing new evidence regarding their potential health risks. The Kaiser Permanente study was published today in the journal Scientific Reports (Nature Publishing Group).”
There is a lot to cover in regards to EMF’s. Think of this post as EMF 101. Below are many more resources for you to check out to learn more! I think its extremely important we all educate ourselves in this topic.